How to wear a maxi dress in fall… in other words, why pack away your cute summer maxis just because summer’s done? I have loads of ideas on cute ways to layer your maxi dresses for cooler weather, so keep reading! Here are 7 tips on how to wear maxi dresses in the fall.
How to wear a maxi dress in fall… in other words, why pack away your cute summer maxis just because summer’s done? I have loads of ideas on cute ways to layer your maxi dresses for cooler weather, so keep reading! Here are 7 tips on how to wear maxi dresses in the fall.
So many Ways To Be a Good Girlfriend and yet, so many guys are constantly complaining about their better halves and their irrational behaviors… Are we the ones to blame or our man are getting a bit spoiled? Let’s see! Dating experts have given us many tips and mentioned many ways to be a good girlfriend and, surprise, surprise, the guys couldn’t agree more! So take a look at these 7 ways to be a good girlfriend and find out whether your man has any reason to be even a tiniest bit unhappy:
1. Stop NaggingMost men agree their relationships would me much better if their women suppressed the need to nag once in a while. Okay, yes, they sure deserve it sometimes but, nagging for the sake of nagging won’t really get you anywhere. In fact, continuous nagging most certainly isn’t one of the ways to be a good girlfriend. Cruela Deville or Peggy Bundy, maybe, but a good girlfriend definitely no.
2. Trust HimNobody wants to date Sherlock Holmes and if you give it some thought, you will understand that there is no need to turn into a famous detective… at least not BEFORE a crime is committed. Going through his pockets, personal items, calling him just to check if he is really where he said he’d be – that sort of behavior certainly has “insecurity” and “doubt” written all over it and, guess what? Men don’t respond all too well to it. They are like those rubber colorful bouncy balls – if you throw it too hard, it’s going to bounce so fast and you probably won’t be able to catch it! Trust him, forget all your fool proof interrogation methods and you’ll see – he will start talking and you’ll get to know EVERYTHING he did during the day.
3. Say What You Mean and Mean What You SayMen know that our “No” could be a “Hell No”, “Maybe”, “Yes, but I’m playing hard to get” or pretty much anything in between and that’s driving them nuts. And don’t even get me started on that famous “Nothing” and all of its meanings! Men don’t really like to play these games – most of them will be perfectly willing to accept your original answer without further questions and you know that always causes an argument. The solution? Honesty! That’s definitely one of the ways to be a good girlfriend and, believe me, he will appreciate having a girl that CAN speak her mind. In fact, every time his friends start discussing this issue, he’ll just smile and say, “Sorry, pal, don’t know whatcha talking about”.
4. Give Him Some SpaceYou have your interests, your needs, your friends and so does he, plus you might even have completely different schedules which, logically, means your free time doesn’t necessarily have to be his free time as well. So, if he’s being fair and letting you have an undisturbed chat with your friends/yoga class/whatever, you should do the same. One of the great ways to be a good girlfriend is to find a perfect balance between sharing and getting to know each other much better and sticking your nose into the most private things he’s still not ready to share. Don’t be pushy, take it slow and let him open up in his own pace. It’s actually a much better and a much more interesting strategy for both of you because it makes things fun and gives you something to talk about every time you’re together so, as I see it, there is really no good reason to push things.
5. Don’t Try To Change HimYou can’t take a beast and turn it into a prince, I think we’ve already figured that out. I mean come on, he’s not a science project! In fact, let’s try to observe things from a different perspective – how would you feel if he wanted to change everything about you? Men do change when they finally meet the women they want to spend their life with (just like women change when they meet the right man) but they don’t become entirely different people – it’s just a process of growing up.
6. Be Romantic but Not PatheticKnowing how to show how much you care is great but knowing when it’s a good time to stop is even better! And, believe me, I totally agree with that! In fact, I hate it when couples start acting like Siamese twins! If your guy is not very comfortable with this (which is something I could totally understand), you’ll actually achieve more by not calling him every half an hour, being extra lovey-dovey in front of his friends or trying to show him how much you care for him every minute of every single day. Save your words and gestures for times when they will really matter because using them too often will make them lose their charm.
7. Compliment HimWe’re used to getting a lot of compliments and we’ll probably get mad if he forgets to tell us how beautiful we are or fails to notice a new dress. But what about our men? Don’t they deserve to know how highly we think of them? Well, those honest compliments or, let’s call them, rational observations are one of the ways to be a good girlfriend. Yes, I know you wouldn’t be with him if he wasn’t so smart, funny, interesting, charming and, of course, good looking but – does he know all that? I really think men deserve just as many compliments as women and I believe knowing exactly how we feel about them makes them more comfortable, confident and less jealous, of course.
Now, in case you’ve carefully read all these ways to be a good girlfriend only to realize you don’t really need to change anything, congrats, your man is certainly one lucky guy and I really hope he’s doing everything to be a good boyfriend as well. As for the others, who did manage to find things that could use some improvement, tell me – which one of these ways to be a good girlfriend made you understand you
Lose weight at work — doesn’t that sounds like the ultimate in multi-tasking? I think so, and it can really happen, too! If you know what to do, you can kick-start your weight loss journey, or just cut a few extra calories to help out, just by doing a few small things — and none of them involves wearing a sweatband. Here are 9 ways to start losing weight at work. Get ready!
1. Park a little further away, or walk!If you can possibly swing it, walk to work. If you can’t do that, then at least park a little further away to maximize your calorie-burning, keep your blood flowing and your mind focused, and even keep your metabolism rocking! I used to drive around looking for a close spot, but now I just head straight for the back of the parking lot and walk the quarter-mile in. It’s invigorating!
2. Start a clubSurely you’re not the only office drone who wants to lose weight at work. Why not start a club, then? Encourage each other, share ideas, track your progress together, maybe even plan healthful, low-cal pot-lucks together.
3. Bring your lunchLet’s talk about food some more. Did you know that if you bring your own lunch from home, you’re far likelier to make more healthful food choices, spend less, and eat smaller, more healthful portions? Brown-bagging your lunch is one of the best ways to lose weight at work.
4. Lobby for a gymAt-work gyms aren’t just for high-level execs anymore. Why not lobby your superiors for an elliptical or two at work? Here’s the angle: workers with healthier weights are less likely to miss work, which saves the company money in the long run.
5. Be awareBefore you grab a snack out of the vending machine, or indulge in a double-whip mocha latte from the coffee shop in the lobby, think about what you’re doing: adding unnecessary, empty calories to your work-day diet. Be aware of the choices you make at work, just like you do at home, and you’ll lose weight at work, too!
6. Take the stairsJust like parking further away and walking to your office will help you lose weight at work, so will taking the stairs instead of the elevator. It will also get your heart thumping! Not convinced? I used to work on the 35th floor of my building. Even if I got off the elevator half-way up, I still got in a good cardio mini-workout… whew!
7. Walk around!Rather than using the printer by your work area, choose another one a little distance away. This will encourage you to get up and walk a little more… again, burning more sneaky little calories away! You also might run into that hottie in the Accounting department a little more often… hmm…
8. Skip the sodaDid you know that just one serving of regular soda contains more than 100 calories? If you drink soda at work, you may want to consider wither skipping it altogether, or at least switching to a low-cal or no-cal version. Those calories add up! If you have two servings (on bottle) of soda every day for a year, that’s 73,000 calories. Holy moly!
9. Ban donutsIf you’re considering skipping the soda, why not ban donuts in the office while you’re at it? Sure, bagels and muffins are just as diet-wrecking, but this one tiny ban may start a trend of healthful pot-lucking that’s sure to help you, and your co-workers, lose weight at work.
See? There are loads of easy ways to lose weight at work, and not one of them involves wearing tennis shoes with your pencil skirt or chasing the IT guys around, asking them to fix your computer. Follow these simple tips, and you’ll be on your way to being… less of you… in no time! Which of these work-place weight loss tips do you like best? Or do you have another tip to share?
So it’s like this. It’s probably no surprise that one of the most popular topics today is Kim Kardashian’s divorce. Most people are not at all surprised that her marriage to Kris Humphries only lasted 72 days, but although I was once willing to hedge bets on how short lived it would be, even I can’t go there right now. That’s sad, and I imagine it’s worse to have the whole thing play out on TV. So instead, let’s focus on an altogether more upbeat, less Mean Girls topic: goodbye October, hello November!October is my favorite month of the whole year, and even though it betrayed me toward the end with a massive horrible storm that knocked down trees and basketball hoops all over my neighborhood, I’m still going to miss it terribly. November promises to bring in lots of great things, too: time with my family and my in-laws, way too much food for any single person to eat, and lots of fun stressing about having enough money for presents, buying presents, and hoping to have enough money left over after buying presents.
There are a lot of special events and activities in November. In addition to Thanksgiving, the month celebrates awareness for such things as COPD, Pancreatic Cancer, Alzheimer’s Disease, Diabetes, Homeless Youth, Breast Cancer, and Crohn’s Disease. It’s National Novel Writing Month — NaNoWriMo — and Native American Heritage Month. It’s even classified as International Drum Month! It ushers in the beginning of winter and the true holiday season. It’s a month of celebration for many reasons.
So, let’s celebrate instead of focusing on the bad things, even if they aren’t happening to us. Why was October special for you? What are you looking forward to in November? Will you be participating in any of the aforementioned activities?
1. Corn DogsAlthough rarely found outside of America, one of the most common USA foods is the corn dog. Having been popularized by a Texas State Fair in 1942, the corn dog has become symbolic of American fast food: on a stick, easy to eat, fried and tasty. Whether you are tucking into a corn dog at your local fair or making them for a kid’s party, you can be comforted knowing that they could only have been invented in the United States.
2. Philly CheesesteakDoes the Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich manage to incorporate everything that is good with the world: steak, cheese, bread and onions? The meat inside a Cheesesteak isn’t always the best (in fact many residents of Philadelphia say that it should be the cheapest cut of steak you can lay your hands on) but it’s certainly a tasty way to enjoy a sandwich.
3. Buffalo WingsAnother of the classic USA foods that has been popularized around the world, some would say Buffalo wings are the only way to truly enjoy chicken. From mild to flaming hot, many people just love to chow down on those feisty little wings invented in, yep, Buffalo.
4. TurduckenTake a turkey. Put a duck inside that. Inside the duck, put a chicken. Simple, tasty, lovely. If you really want to put an American twist on the Turducken, try and add in some melted cheese and bacon – hey, you could even deep fry something and add it in there. Americans may claim the Turducken as a US food but in fact chefs of England’s King Henry VIII were stuffing a bird in a bird in a bird in a bird in a bird in a bird in a bird in a bird way back the 16th century –yes you read it right – 8 birds stuffed whole inside each other – starting with a tiny quail and ending with a huge swan,
5. Baked AlaskaThere’s nothing like naming foods after the place they are conceived to put a stamp on them, although, having a day named after the food comes a pretty close second. The Baked Alaska was first served in Delmonico’s to celebrate the acquisition of the territory from Russia in 1876 and every February 1st is Baked Alaska Day in the USA.
6. Reuben SandwichWe all love our meat. We all love bread. That’s what makes the Reuben sandwich so brilliant – pastrami, cheese, Russian dressing, sauerkraut piles high on rye bread. If you are a lover of spiced meat, this is the sandwich for you; you might find more meat in a typical Reuben sandwich than on a table at Thanksgiving! Purists say a Reuben should be served with a large pile and a pile of potato chips.
7. Cookie Dough Ice CreamIf I had to choose one word to describe cookie dough ice cream it would have to be ‘heavenly’. So, Americans may not have invented ice cream but there’s a whole slew of flavors that can be determined to be USA foods. Whether it’s homemade or the good old Ben & Jerry’s, you can’t beat luxurious vanilla ice cream laced with chunks of cookie dough and chocolate. Cookie dough ice cream has to be the ultimate American food, topping off my list of the best USA foods.
If there’s one thing that you will have learnt from reading this list, it’s that there are certain foods that only Americans could have made – they are the ultimate USA foods that are enjoyed all over the world today. And yes, eaten in quantity they won’t do anyone much good but as an occasional treat they can be a guilty pleasure. What’s your favorite from this list of 7 Top USA Foods?
1. Constantly Talks about HerIt’s pretty normal for a guy to talk about his ex to his current girlfriend – however, not excessively. It’s not normal for the guy to keep bringing up the girl that got away to the girl that’s still by his side. This is absolutely and totally the first he’s not over her sign that you should watch out for. Just pay attention to how much he talks about her, how much he brings her up in daily conversations – if it’s a ton, you know he’s not over her yet.
2. Keeps Old PicturesIt’s perfectly normal to keep a few pictures of past relationships – I have a few myself, but is it normal to display them everywhere? Is it normal to still have a picture of you two as your Facebook default picture? Sometimes it’s hard to be blunt, but if he has pictures of his ex all over, you’re gonna have to confront him because he’s not over her.
3. Distant During SexIf you are at the point in your relationship where you are having sex, do you notice a distance? Does he seem to be thinking about someone else? Does he even mumble his ex’s name during sex? These are all warning signs ladies that he ain’t over her and maybe you should either talk to him or move on.
4. ComparisonsDo you constantly feel compared to your boy’s ex-girlfriend? Does he constantly mention all the little things that she used to do … that you don’t? This is definitely a sign that he’s not over her! No one should ever compare their current girlfriend to an ex and vise versa ladies!
5. Wants You Two to be FriendsI get that a lot of guys are still friends with their ex girlfriends. Some guys can move past it and be just friends with their ex, but it’s when he wants you and her to become friends. Then it becomes a problem – who knows, maybe she is cool, maybe she is sweet, maybe she is awesome to hang out with – she’s also someone that probably broke your boyfriend’s heart.
6. Keeps an ‘Ex Girlfriend’ BoxIf you have ever seen Gilmore Girls, you know exactly what type of ‘box’ I’m talking about. Lorelei had a Max box, Rory had a Dean box – it’s perfectly normal! If your guy has an ex girlfriend box, it’s understandable, but if he was really over her, wouldn’t he have pitched that?
7. Calls You by Her NameThis is a huge sign that he’s really not over her yet. If your name is Jessica and he’s constantly calling you Amy – his ex girlfriend, doesn’t that seem fishy? It’s understandable in the beginning to maybe mix the names up, heck it might not even have been that long since his breakup but if you are getting serious, he needs to stop the name calling.
8. Keeps MementosThis sort of goes along with the ‘ex box’ theory but on a larger scale. If he’s keeping pictures, trinkets, treasures and gifts that she got him out in the open … that’s kind of strange. It’s definitely a warning sign and you will definitely want to just bring it up to him and talk it out.
As you can see, just as we have a hard time letting go of our old boyfriends, guys having a hard time admitting that he’s not over her. If you are in a relationship with a guy that you think ‘he’s not over her’, talk to him about it! What other signs should we be looking for ladies? Do you have any common warning signs that I might have missed? Share!
Signs Your Ex Is Over You can be hard to accept, especially if you’re still in love with him or her. Sometimes, broken relationships can get healed … but other times you just have to give up the ghost. It can be hard, but that’s why you need to pay attention to all the signs your ex is over you. You don’t want to keep trying if he clearly doesn’t want to get back with you. There are a number of rather disconcertingly positive signs your ex is definitely over you – and here they are.
1. A New NumberOne of the surest signs your ex is over you is if he changes his number – and doesn’t say a word about or let you in on the new digits. It may mean that he doesn’t want to be readily available to you any longer. In this case an ex is generally trying to make a new start.
2. A Change of LocationDitto with this choice. It doesn’t mean your ex is moving, but he or she might start hanging out at different places. For example, if the two of you made a point of hanging out a certain bar or restaurant, he might start looking for a new hangout.
3. Less TextingIt’s not uncommon for you two to keep texting each other when you’ve just broken up. If your ex starts sending fewer messages, it may mean he’s ready to move on. If that’s the case, inundating him with messages is a bad move.
4. No EmailsSimilarly, if he used to send cute emails, jokes, forwards, or just chatty notes and they start to taper off, that’s one of the signs your ex is over you. Again, it suggests he’s ready to move on. Keeping in close contact might bring up too many memories, or he might just be trying to phase out of your life – and to phase you out of his.
5. A Social Network LockdownAre you two friends on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks? If you find that you can’t see as many of his posts, he’s probably getting over you. He may even un-friend or un-follow you to get the message across.
6. He’s Never HomeWhen you start getting over someone, it’s typical to start going out a lot. That might mean taking vacations or just spending a lot of time with friends. At any rate, when an ex starts spending time away from home, doing his or her own thing, it’s definitely a sign that the relationship may be done for good.
7. New HobbiesAnother one of the big signs that your ex is over you involves picking up new hobbies. Anyone who’s gone through a breakup knows how important it is to stay distracted and engaged in new activities. This can be a sign that your ex is ready to move on.
8. New ClothesA new shirt here or there doesn’t necessarily mean anything. I don’t know about you, though, but when I used to go through serious breakups, I had a tendency to get rid of the things that really reminded me of my ex – including clothes. Remember what Rory Gilmore did after breaking up with Dean for the first time? Look for signs like that.
9. The Flirt Is GoneEven though it’s generally a bad idea, couples who have recently broken up but still talk tend to keep flirting with each other. It’s an awkward kind of “we’re broken up but still know everything about each other” dance. If he or she starts pulling back from that, it’s definitely one of the signs your ex is over you. He or she may not feel comfortable being that flirty anymore.
10. He Starts DatingLastly, the biggest sign is when your ex starts dating again. Even casual dating suggests that he or she is really trying to get past the relationship. Your ex may just be trying to forget you, but all the same, all signs point to the fact that the relationship is over.
You may recognize some of these signs your ex is over you, and if so, you have all my sympathy. I know how hard that can be. It doesn’t mean that you won’t be friends, that you still won’t be in each other’s lives, but for now it’s probably best to just walk away. Some of the signs your ex is over you might be up for debate, but most of them are pretty concrete. Don’t make things worse by trying to force something that’s not there. What are some other signs your ex is over you?
1. Foreplay? What Is That?Some couples can spend hours “playing” before getting down to “business” while others prefer a shorter, wilder version in which foreplay lasts… well… a couple of minutes at most! The rule is that there are no rules, which means your new partner might continue to practice love-making techniques he’s used to and, the best of all sex tips I could give you would be to react and let him/her know that’s not how you like it. Be gentle, keep your voice low and seductive, give him/her your sexiest smirk and your loved one will get it.
2. He’s Being Exhaustingly FriskyIf find yourself dying to ask, “Boy, are we having sex or we’re training for the marathon?” or fighting the urge to explain the wonders of editing and tell him that adult movie actors don’t really change the position every 2 minutes, you can rest assured he’s trying to impress you. Most men tend to demonstrate this type of behavior at some point, younger ones especially but hey, it’s not the end of the world as this is one thing you can easily turn around. Your exhaustingly frisky man is just trying to please you and all you’ll have to do to keep him in one position longer is to show (or say) that you like it.
3. Same Position Over and Over AgainIf your man or woman could be described as a very inquisitive person but your sex life involves one and one position only, you might want to use your imagination, arm yourself with plenty of compliments and start working on overcoming that shyness. Men are usually reluctant to try other positions thinking they will fail and embarrass themselves while women are mostly worried about how their bodies will look when placed into a position in question. A lot of compliments, ladies and gents, and you’ll be trying out new positions before you know it!
4. Hung and CarelessLOL, remember that Sex and The City Episode in which Samantha finally manages to find a guy not even she can handle? Well, practicing yoga won’t be one of the sex tips up for discussion today because we’re about to discuss something different – men who like to believe their “extra large” steaks don’t need any of the usual side dishes such as care, skill or, God forbid, emotion! These men can be placed into two subcategories: a) the ones who lack skill because nobody ever bothered to mention it before and b) the ones who lack skill because they believe that with a “package” like that one, demanding skill would be like asking Michelangelo’s David to mow your lawn! The first category is ready to learn, reacts well to compliments and will be rocking your world in no time while this last, a bit unreasonably proud and “touchy” group might prove to be more difficult to work with. If you’re really determined to make it work, try reversed psychology because his over inflated ego won’t be able to live with the fact that you’re not satisfied, if not… let him be, there are plenty of men with enough skill to last you a lifetime!
5. Honey? Are You Awake?Let’s be honest ladies, guys are not the only ones prone to falling asleep immediately after sex! In fact, there are plenty of girls who do that too and I should know that as I’m one of them! LOL! So, if your man or your woman falls under this category of people as well, you can rest assured it has nothing to do with the lack of emotions. Not a lot of sex tips could be applied in this case but I’d suggest trying to end your lovemaking experience with a missionary position which will allow you to hug each other, gaze into each other’s eyes and share romantically intimate moments before, during and shortly after the “grand finale” and before the draining effect sets in and drags your loved one into the land of dreams.
6. Dirty TalkDirty talk can be a turn on or a complete turn off – depending on the timing and your preferences, of course which means your partner’s desire to spice things up by screaming obscenities might come as a bit of a shock and ruin a perfectly romantic moment. So, unless you want spend your every passionate moment worrying and expecting to hear one of these words, make a drastic move! Buy a sexy costume, play a bad girl/boy and enjoy playing a sexy game in which bad language is allowed but, when you agree not to play any games, let your partner know the whole naughty act needs to go too. Why not? You’ll have the best of both worlds!
7. Personal Hygiene and HabitsOkay, well, I definitely managed to make it sound gross but, just to make things clear, the next on my list of good to know sex tips won’t be about people with bad habits but people with habits that are different than yours. Some people like to shower both before and after sex, some are a bit more liberal and that clash of habits and feelings between a frequent “showerer” and a recreational “showerer” (I’ve invented this word, by the way, so don’t even bother trying to look it up) can be downright confusing. But, hey, it’s not the end of the world and here’s exactly how to deal with it. So, if you feel that your loved one could spend at least five minutes lying with you before hitting the shower, show him/her that by simply whispering “Don’t go yet, hug me/kiss me more” and if you think your loved one could use a shower before you “get down to business” ask him/her to join you in the shower and turn it into a sexy foreplay.
8. No Round Number TwoThe last but not the least of these useful sex tips should help you finally achieve something that has been on your mind for quite some time now – keeping your partner into that sensual mood long enough to start considering round number 2! So, instead of rolling to the side, letting him/her to fall asleep, stand up, take your partner’s hand and lead him/her straight to the shower (wink wink)!
Ah, so many interesting sex tips and so little time! So, what are you waiting for – set the ball in motion tonight! But, before you go – tell me which sex tips did you find the most useful?
I am a huge Disney fan and have been ever since I was a little girl. When I say “fan,” I mean that my childhood bedroom spent a lot of time decorated floor to ceiling in , I spent a year listening to the soundtrack from Beauty and the Beast, I had all my favorite princesses in Barbie doll form, and I sang Disney theme songs in two separate talent shows — “A Whole New World” from Aladdin and “Colors of the Wind” from Pocahontas. I know many of you are fans as well, so I hope you’ll be as excited to see some amazing and photo manipulation as I was. Jirka Vinse Jonatan Väätäinen is an artist, design enthusiastic, and graphic arts student from Finland who has done some incredible interpretations of what Disney’s princesses would look like if they were real. Take a look at some of the best!
Speaking of Ariel, here’s a stunning representation of what she would look like as a real girl. I especially love the fact that she does look 16. You can see the innocence in her face, right down to the slight bit of baby fat remaining in her cheeks!
Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty.
Pocahontas is a masterpiece — her cheekbones and jawline are incredible!
Beauty and the Beast is probably my favorite Disney cartoon, and Belle is one of my favorite princesses. The sadness in her eyes here is so poignant — this manip is haunting.
Mulan from Mulan with her signature smile.
Aladdin is another of my favorite cartoons, and I’ve always thought Jasmine was gorgeous. This rendition of her is beautiful as well — but is it just me, or does she look a little bit like Kim Kardashian?
I’ve officially fallen in love with Jirka’s work. He’s got amazing talent — plus he can really tap into the magic inherent in so many Disney characters! Check out his blog for more photography and artwork, and be sure to go see his photo manipulations for some more Disney characters — including a very popular villain! Do you think this is what Disney’s most famous princesses would look like if they were real?
Halloween Party Ideas may involve new, creative ideas every year. As a child, I remember dressing up at Halloween and loving every minute of it. It felt incredible to be someone or something else, even if it were for just one night. Halloween party ideas include more than costumes, though. You need food, treats, decorations, games, and food ideas. Here are some pretty awesome Halloween party ideas to kick off the spookiest season of the year!
1. Fall Festival
Many people do not celebrate Halloween and hosting a fall festival is the perfect replacement. Decorate with fall symbols such as pumpkins, scarecrows and apples. Set the party up like a carnival: dunk for apples, have a ring toss, throw darts at balloons, and other fun carnival games. Don’t for get to serve caramel apples and cotton candy.
2. Creepy Lunches For Halloween Party Ideas
Maybe it will be too gross looking to eat, but kids will get a huge kick out of this creepy lunch. The salad is shredded lettuce, a hard-boiled egg, and black olives. (I’m substituting carrot shreds) Swiss cheese or Provolone cheese makes the ghost shapes, and the fingers are little smokies with red pepper fingernails and BBQ sauce.
3. Cupcakes Galore
Halloween is the perfect holiday for making cupcakes. Stock up on supplies and let the kids help out with the decorating. You can make pumpkins, ghosts, and cute monsters, what ever you want. Or you can simply decorate in Halloween colors such as black, brown, orange, and yellow.
4. Halloween Party Ideas With Banners
If you do not want to go all out on decorations, hang a simple banner. These are very inexpensive and very easy to hang. They are perfect for hanging over doorways and across the tops of windows. The front porch is also decorative looking with a banner.
5. Easy Party Favors
These cuties are easy to make with little matchboxes. They make adorable favors! Use orange construction paper, googlie eyes and thin, black ribbon. Fill with candy instead of beads, or let the kids use it to carry their lunch money to school.
5. Cookies Are Fabulous Halloween Party Ideas
Besides cupcakes, cookies are fun to make and decorate for the holiday. These little pumpkins are so cute and they are fairly easy to decorate. If you are hosting a party, or your children need cookies for a school party, these little fellows will make a smashing hit!
6. Fancy Fingernails
Your friends will want you to paint their nails, too! Fingernail decorations have become popular and Halloween is a great time to show off a little creativity. If painting every nail is not your forte, paint just one nail, like your pinkie nail. Or you may want to paint toenails, especially if you live where it is still warm enough to wear open toe shoes.
7. Halloween Party Ideas For Lights
A wonderful way to set up the ambiance of Halloween is wit lights. Pumpkin lights can be set in the window for a really cute display. Night-lights can sparkle in the bathroom and down the hallway for an extra special feeling of fun. A “spooktacular” way to create some smiles.
8. Costumes Make Halloween
There are two things you think of when the topic of Halloween is brought up: Costumes and Candy! Dressing up was my favorite part of this holiday. My costumes were always based on my favorite story, cartoon character or hero. Seriously. Who doesn’t want to be Batman or Superman, even for one night?
9. Trick Or Treat Halloween Party Ideas
Maybe the first thing a kid wants when you start looking for Halloween costumes is the container to gather all the booty. A new trick or treat basket is just as important as the costume. Does it have to match the costume? Not really. The most important thing is getting the candy home to admire, then eat, all them sweets!
10. The Candy
Oh, yeah! The happiest moment of the year. Well, after Christmas and birthdays, counting the Candy booty after Trick or Treating can’t be beat! What did you get?
Halloween party ideas are easy to come up, but coming up with new and exciting ideas may not be as easy. I hope this article of Halloween party ideas as inspired some excitement and creativity for you. What are your favorite Halloween party ideas?